Fundraising page set up for family after Stonald Road, Whittlesey house fire
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising page has been set up to help a family after a house fire in Whittlesey on Friday night.
The JustGiving page, which has so far raised £175 of its £1,000 target, was set up on behalf of neighbours who witnessed the “terrible incident” at Stonald Road.
Fenland Police tweeted: “Occupants out safe and well thanks to @cambsfrs quick response and a passer-by.”
The fundraising page reads: “The family may or may not have most things replaced but this doesn’t change the heartache they’re currently experiencing and the sentimental belongings which no amount of insurance money can replace.
“I think as a community we should still do all we can to help in the immediate future.
You may also want to watch:
“Something or anything to make things just a slight bit easy right now or even just to show that our great community is behind them; as we have done with so many others in their hour of need.
“Let’s show this family why Whittlesey is such a great place and the wonderful community spirit we are rightly proud to be a part of.”
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 3 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 4 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Tandoori Nights get a whole lot better at restaurant
- 8 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 9 Fly tipped waste in Chatteris blights rural walk
- 10 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
One person who donated £10 wrote: “For a lovely couple xx I hope things get sorted quickly for you xx”.
To donate, visit http://bit.ly/2g1BDOy