Fundraising trio running London Marathon for Road Victims Trust
- Credit: Steve Frost / Richard Barker / John Bennett
A fundraising trio are taking part in the London Marathon and Virtual London Marathon this Sunday (October 3) to raise money for local charity, Road Victims Trust (RVT).
The charity provides emotional and practical support to the relatives of those killed on the road.
Steve Frost is running the Virtual London Marathon in memory of his son, Harry Frost, lost on the road in 2020.
“I’m not sure how our family would’ve coped without the fantastic support of RVT,” he said.
Inspector Richard Barker, a police officer, is running his first marathon.
You may also want to watch:
“Invaluable support is given to bereaved families by trained counsellors from RVT," he said.
John Bennett will also be running the marathon virtually.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
John said: “Three years ago our family suffered a truly devastating tragedy.
“Without the help of RVT, my wife Hana would simply not be where she is today.”