Future is bright after March Town United and GER Sports Club settle 18-month dispute
MARCH Town United has secured its biggest result of the season - an out of court settlement which will safeguard the football club’s future.
An 18-month dispute between the Hares and the GER Sports Club ended at Peterborough County Court on Friday when the case was settled before it could reach the judge.
GER Sports Club spokesman Steve McGregor, of Fraser Dawbarns solicitors, said a new long-term lease had been agreed with the football club.
He said: “Following discussions between the parties on Friday, the long running issues between the two clubs have moved substantially towards a resolution.”
A spokesman for March Town United Football Club said: “The parties have been involved in a complex dispute which has now been settled.
You may also want to watch:
“The settlement is conditional on several factors and we remain confident that these can be satisfied allowing the matter to be concluded.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover