Future of Oasis Centre in Wisbech is not affected by nursery consultation
THERE have been several reports in the press over the last few weeks about Cambridgeshire County Council’s decision to go to consultation over the future of Oasis Nursery.
Even though it has been stated that this doesn’t affect the Oasis Centre, some may think the centre is run by the county council.
We would like to point out that this is not the case. The Oasis Centre is owned and run by Wisbech Community Development Trust and has been since it opened in March 2005.
The trust would also like to stress that it does not have any involvement in the running of the nursery or children’s centre. We do however hire out rooms to the county council.
Some members of the community are under the impression that we are maybe in financial difficulties. Again this is untrue.
You may also want to watch:
We are suffering in the same way that everyone is in this current economic climate, and that is because some of the users of the centre have had their funding cut which has meant that they can no longer hold their group sessions in the community.
But we have been lucky enough to pick up new groups and we hope that this will continue to be the case.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The Oasis Centre