Gail storms in from Whittlesey to win Miss Peterborough title
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey sales administrator says she has been left baffled but excited after being named Miss Peterborough.
Gail Roberts, 24, has earnt a place at the prestigious Miss World finals in November after being crowned with the regional title.
Miss Roberts, who works at Eco manufacturing in Whittlesey, said: “I’m still in a state of shock. A bit baffled by it all. I’m really nervous about the finals but so excited.
“I fell into modelling by accident but I’m really focused on it now. Pageant’s are a real buzz. This year has been amazing.”
Miss Roberts agreed to model some clothing for a friend who launched a vintage upcycling online store earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
The photos went on the clothing online store and within weeks she was spotted by a modelling agency who signed her up on an exclusive deal.
From there she applied for Miss International and was voted into the top 25 out of 72 entrants.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Following that event Miss Roberts, of Otago Road, was in contact with the organiser of the Miss Peterborugh contest and earnt the crowning title after beating 11 other contestants.
Her next challenge is to go head to head with 50 girls from across the UK when she competes in the Miss Great Britain contest on November 13 and 14 in Leicester.
Miss Roberts said: “My dream is to be comfortable in life and retire to Texas where I have family.
“My dreams aren’t particularly big, just simple really - to be comfortable and happy in life and if I can maybe help inspire a young girl to have confidence and go for her dreams then that will be a good thing.”