Gala gifts time
VILLAGE organisations have benefited from six grants made by Manea Gala Committee at its annual meeting. Manea School has been given £200 towards the cost of a sensory garden with reading and exploration areas; and Manea Youth Committee received £210 for
VILLAGE organisations have benefited from six grants made by Manea Gala Committee at its annual meeting.
Manea School has been given £200 towards the cost of a sensory garden with reading and exploration areas; and Manea Youth Committee received £210 for a launch event.
The committee decided to give £100 to Tara's Refuge to help with the cost of cat and dog spaying and neutering.
Manea Silver Band received £100 for new stand banners and £100 was also given to the Strawberry Patch Pre-School for new equipment.
Manea Rail Services Action group has been given £50 towards its campaign costs.
Gala committee chairman Tommy Savage said: "This is exactly what the gala is about - raising money and distributing it to local causes in the village.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 5 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 6 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 7 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
"It is sad to see that Chatteris Festival is having difficulties through lack of support. This shows what we can do in Manea, however we do need more people to come forward to help with the gala to ensure we can continue to invest in the village."
The committee had been prepared to be more generous but just two of the applications specified the amount needed.
Manea Parish Council has also recently given £500 towards the cost of repairs to the roundabout on the play area.