Gala gifts time
VILLAGE organisations have benefited from six grants made by Manea Gala Committee at its annual meeting. Manea School has been given £200 towards the cost of a sensory garden with reading and exploration areas; and Manea Youth Committee received £210 for
VILLAGE organisations have benefited from six grants made by Manea Gala Committee at its annual meeting.
Manea School has been given £200 towards the cost of a sensory garden with reading and exploration areas; and Manea Youth Committee received £210 for a launch event.
The committee decided to give £100 to Tara's Refuge to help with the cost of cat and dog spaying and neutering.
Manea Silver Band received £100 for new stand banners and £100 was also given to the Strawberry Patch Pre-School for new equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Manea Rail Services Action group has been given £50 towards its campaign costs.
Gala committee chairman Tommy Savage said: "This is exactly what the gala is about - raising money and distributing it to local causes in the village.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
"It is sad to see that Chatteris Festival is having difficulties through lack of support. This shows what we can do in Manea, however we do need more people to come forward to help with the gala to ensure we can continue to invest in the village."
The committee had been prepared to be more generous but just two of the applications specified the amount needed.
Manea Parish Council has also recently given £500 towards the cost of repairs to the roundabout on the play area.