Gala quiz night set to be major fund raiser for Citizens Advice Bureau
TEAMS of four to six are being sought for a major fund raising effort that organisers hope will give a massive financial advice to the Rural Cambs Citizens Advice Bureau.
The fund raising event is being billed as a gala quiz night and lottery draw and for regular aficionados this is something a bit special.
The evening is being hosted by The Hayward Theatre at The Gallery, King’s Ely, and will include wine, Thai canap�s and “competitions and fun” says CAB trustee David Newman.
He is one of those helping to promote the evening – on September 29- and says that even if you can’t get a team yourself please do attend “and we’ll team you up.”
Price per head is �20 but for that Mr Newman is promising a complimentary welcome drink and an evening of celebrations “that will be a really fun time.”
It will also be good to realise, he says, that the money is all going into a worthwhile cause helping the independently run CAB consolidate and strengthen its work in East Cambs and Fenland.
Traditionally, he said, the charity has always depended upon local volunteers and of late official funding has been reduced “although client demand has not. As an innovation the bureau’s trustees have launched direct fund raising campaigns.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Missing woman back home
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
Last year Ely CAB raised �13,000 at a dinner dance and auction and this year an intense bout of fund raising will include lottery stalls on Ely Marker and days at Tesco Ely and Budgens of Soham.
“Every penny we raise locally has considerable leverage of three to four times that in terms of providing support to our services,” said Mr Newman. “The CAB is needed as never before.”
Tickets for the gala quiz can be obtained for DStAndrew04@hotmail.co.uk
Or on 01353 665313 or from any of their market day stalls.