Gala quiz night set to be major fund raiser for Citizens Advice Bureau
TEAMS of four to six are being sought for a major fund raising effort that organisers hope will give a massive financial advice to the Rural Cambs Citizens Advice Bureau.
The fund raising event is being billed as a gala quiz night and lottery draw and for regular aficionados this is something a bit special.
The evening is being hosted by The Hayward Theatre at The Gallery, King’s Ely, and will include wine, Thai canap�s and “competitions and fun” says CAB trustee David Newman.
He is one of those helping to promote the evening – on September 29- and says that even if you can’t get a team yourself please do attend “and we’ll team you up.”
Price per head is �20 but for that Mr Newman is promising a complimentary welcome drink and an evening of celebrations “that will be a really fun time.”
You may also want to watch:
It will also be good to realise, he says, that the money is all going into a worthwhile cause helping the independently run CAB consolidate and strengthen its work in East Cambs and Fenland.
Traditionally, he said, the charity has always depended upon local volunteers and of late official funding has been reduced “although client demand has not. As an innovation the bureau’s trustees have launched direct fund raising campaigns.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Last year Ely CAB raised �13,000 at a dinner dance and auction and this year an intense bout of fund raising will include lottery stalls on Ely Marker and days at Tesco Ely and Budgens of Soham.
“Every penny we raise locally has considerable leverage of three to four times that in terms of providing support to our services,” said Mr Newman. “The CAB is needed as never before.”
Tickets for the gala quiz can be obtained for DStAndrew04@hotmail.co.uk
Or on 01353 665313 or from any of their market day stalls.