GALLERIES: Who’s in the frame for Fenland Photographer of the Year?
PICTURES of the setting sun reflected in greenhouses, a horsedrawn plough and Morris dancers have been shortlisted in this year’s Fenland Photographer competition.
The shortlisted photos will be displayed for two months at Octavia View in Wisbech, with the winner being announced at the special opening ceremony on Friday, December 2.
Judges whittled down the entries to just five photos for the six shortlisted categories, with the top pictures being placed in Fenland District Council’s Welcome to the Cambridgeshire Fens visitor guide.
Karen Harvey, artistic director of Atelier East, which organised the competition, said: “We want to promote Fenland in a positive way and want the people who are proud to live here to share their images of the area.
“It’s great to think that people are coming together, not just in the hope of winning an award, but also to show that Fenland is a great area to visit.”
You may also want to watch:
The photographers shortlisted are Nathan Smith, Tim Daniels, Julie Shortland, David Hodgson, David Kelley, Chris Brudenell, Mark Ashworth, Ian Stacey, Reg Kemp, Roger Newark, Sarah Nice, Robin Stevenson, Barry Clark and Barry Coates.
To attend the awards ceremony e-mail email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November