GALLERY: A show of elegance and glamour as Thomas Clarkson students celebrate end of term prom at Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Barriers held back the crowds, the torrential rain coming only later, and a new generation of Wisbech students strode purposely and with some style to the event of the year.
This was the year 11 prom for Thomas Clarkson Academy and what a show of elegance and glamour it turned out to be.
A smattering of brollies for the cautious maybe, but for most caution was thrown to the wind as the students arrived at Elme Hall Hotel on Friday.
In limousines, taxis, BMWs, a Rolls here and there, the odd classic and even a glammed up camper van discharged the students at the entrance.
Mums, dads, aunts, uncles, friends, neighbours, brothers and sisters all were held back by barriers as the Class of 2014 took centre stage.
You may also want to watch:
Exam results, college courses, future employment and career possibilities all took secondary position as a chapter in their lives came to an end.
The Clarkson prom has become rooted in Wisbech culture and each year sets new standards for inventiveness and fun.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The smile of onlookers was magnificent to watch – but for those enjoying the party this was a night to savour, to enjoy and to recall for many years to come.