GALLERY: Acorn fun day raises money for Wisbech Town youth football club
- Credit: Archant
Big things grow from little acorns so they say and the Wisbech Town youth football club of the same name is hoping it’s true.
A fun day held on Sunday proved a great success raising more than £400 for club funds to help run their two venues.
They are now thinking about next year and are planning to make the family fun day 2015 bigger and better.
“We were really pleased with the way it went on Sunday. We had a good turn out. It wasn’t massive but we were pleased with it, as it was our first ever fun day. But we are going to make it bigger and better next year to attract even bigger crowds,” said Acorns’ vice-chairman Kelley Lewis.
Sunday’s event saw around 12 to 14 children enjoy two free one-hour coaching sessions in the main arena. There was a car boot sale, a variety of stalls and a beat the goalie competition among other attractions and games.
You may also want to watch:
Locally based Gifford provided live music.
Money raised at the event held in Barton Road will help provide new equipment as well as go towards running two facilities as the club has recently taken over a bigger area at Harecroft Road.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“Every little helps and this money will be added to the £90 we raised by holding a car boot sale a few weeks ago,” added Kelley.