GALLERY AND VIDEO: Not only did March offer a musical extravaganza but the parade turned out, once more, to be a stunner
MARCH did what it does best at the weekend and threw itself head first into three days of pure, unadulterated midsummer madness.
Just days after partying to celebrate the Jubilee it was once more time to put on the glad rags to dip into the vast array of musical offerings conjured up each year by the organisers of March Summer Festival.
Sandwiched between the music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings was the traditional carnival parade and afternoon of fun and entertainment in West End Park.
Maureen James, the event manager, was one of many delighted that the sunshine came out on Saturday for the parade and for the programme of events in the park.
With hundreds of events elsewhere being called off for fear of bad weather, March once more bathed in sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
“We tend to be very lucky for that weekend,” exclaimed a gleeful Maureen to BBC Radio Cambridgeshire listeners on Monday morning. She pointed out that since 2000 the rain has intervened only on rare occasions- as it did though on Sunday night for the finale concert by RAF Wyton Band.
Thanks to community website Shape Your Place enthusiasts now offer up video of key parts of the weekend- so thanks to them for this clip of the parade through the town.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4