GALLERY and VIDEO: Swan finds its way into Turves couple’s small pond before RSPCA rescue
- Credit: Archant
A couple were surprised to discover a swan in their small pond last night.
Steve Williams, of Turves, who is also the photographer for the Cambs Times, says his wife Jane noticed the new visitor when she returned home from a night with friends.
After 15 hours in the pond, the swan was rescued by RSPCA animal collection officer Amy Reiter and taken to the nearest river to be released.
Mr Williams said: “My wife got home at about 10.30pm last night and told me there’s a swan in the garden. I had a look and there was a big swan in the pond.
“I think it had come down in the fog. It was as happy as Larry in the pond.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re nowhere near a river. We called the RSPCA because we were worried about it with the overhead cables.
“The officer checked the swan for injuries and gave it the all clear before taking it down to the river.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover