GALLERY and VIDEO: Swan finds its way into Turves couple’s small pond before RSPCA rescue
- Credit: Archant
A couple were surprised to discover a swan in their small pond last night.
Steve Williams, of Turves, who is also the photographer for the Cambs Times, says his wife Jane noticed the new visitor when she returned home from a night with friends.
After 15 hours in the pond, the swan was rescued by RSPCA animal collection officer Amy Reiter and taken to the nearest river to be released.
Mr Williams said: “My wife got home at about 10.30pm last night and told me there’s a swan in the garden. I had a look and there was a big swan in the pond.
“I think it had come down in the fog. It was as happy as Larry in the pond.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re nowhere near a river. We called the RSPCA because we were worried about it with the overhead cables.
“The officer checked the swan for injuries and gave it the all clear before taking it down to the river.”
- 1 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 9 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 10 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash