GALLERY: Annual Little Downham New Year’s Eve 10k attracts hundreds of Cambridgeshire runners
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of hardy runners braved the freezing cold to take part in the annual New Year’s Eve 10k in Little Downham today.
Icy gusts whipped through the villages of Little Downham and Pymoor as hundreds of runners lined up to take on the popular course ahead of their end-of-year celebrations.
The race started at 11am in Little Downham’s Main Street and took competitors on an undulated tour of the surrounding fens of Pymoor before heading back into the village for the finish.
Last year’s race was won by Aaron Scott, of Notts AC, who completed the course in 32mins 29secs.
First lady across the finish line was Eleanor Matthews, of CONAC, in 37mins 1sec.
You may also want to watch:
Course and event record holders are Will Clarke, of Cambridge Tri Club, in 30mins 5secs, set in 2009, and Felicity Milton, of Woodford Green AC with Essex Ladies, in 34mins 20secs, also set in 2009.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder