GALLERY: Appeal for information after boat set on fire in March
- Credit: Archant
A boat was set on fire in March in the early hours of this morning.
At 4.29am, one crew from Chatteris, one crew from March and a rescue vehicle and crew from Dogsthorpe were called to a boat fire in West End.
A 30ft long narrow boat was well alight and had started to break away from its mooring.
No one was living in the boat at the time of the incident.
Firefighters used jets, hose reels, and light portable pumps to pump water onto the fire from the river to extinguish it by 5.30am.
You may also want to watch:
At one point, the boat broke away from the mooring and was across the river but firefighters were able to secure it again.
Crews returned to their stations by 6.15am.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.