Gallery: Arsonists destroy caravan in Whittlesey
A CARAVAN was burnt to a cinder by arsonists in Whittlesey.
A CARAVAN was burnt to a cinder by arsonists alongside the picturesque Whittlesey river bank.
Fire crews were called to Briggate West at about 4.50pm yesterday (Thursday, June 24) and found the mobile home and some rubbish alight. It took them one hour to extinguish the blaze.
Photographer Steve Williams snapped the fire while it was still raging and said: “I couldn’t believe it was a part of Whittlesey.”
He added: “It seems to be a big fly tipping area next to such a beautiful river that is promoting Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
“Boaters coming from Peterborough to Whittlesey may also want to moor up on the river bank but this fly tipping is what greets them.”
Cambridge Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was started deliberately.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run