Gallery: Arsonists destroy caravan in Whittlesey
A CARAVAN was burnt to a cinder by arsonists in Whittlesey.
A CARAVAN was burnt to a cinder by arsonists alongside the picturesque Whittlesey river bank.
Fire crews were called to Briggate West at about 4.50pm yesterday (Thursday, June 24) and found the mobile home and some rubbish alight. It took them one hour to extinguish the blaze.
Photographer Steve Williams snapped the fire while it was still raging and said: “I couldn’t believe it was a part of Whittlesey.”
He added: “It seems to be a big fly tipping area next to such a beautiful river that is promoting Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
“Boaters coming from Peterborough to Whittlesey may also want to moor up on the river bank but this fly tipping is what greets them.”
Cambridge Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was started deliberately.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early