GALLERY: Canines strut their stuff to raise money for Wisbech hospital
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 70 dogs vied for honours at the 13th annual fun dog show organised by the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital on Saturday.
Judges looked for the waggiest tail, the prettiest bitch, the most handsome dog and the best fancy dress, as canines of all shapes and sizes strutted their stuff at the playing field, and there were rosettes, prizes and trophies on offer to the winners.
Margaret Buck, secretary of the Friends said: “We had a really great day with both the fun dog show and the more serious lurcher and terrier show.
“We raised a record amount in excess of £650, and we want to thank everyone who supported the event, the sponsors and the pet owners.”
In the fun dog show, the best in show prize went to a 10-year-old greyhound from Hampshire called Bobbie, and the reserve best in show was awarded to a cocker spaniel from Marham called Johnnie.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret added: “We held a fund raising tombola and doggy lucky dip alongside the show. We were thrilled that so many families brought their dogs along to support the event.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire