GALLERY: Cats are just purr-fect at Ely show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 40 fabulous felines strutted their stuff when they took part in this year’s charity pet cat show, organised by Ely and District Cats Protection.
Handsome males and pretty females fought it out to be declared top cat; and there were also fun classes to find cats with the best whiskers, the most beautiful eyes, and the cat that the judge would like to take home.
Dante the Black Smoke Rex was declared best pedigree cat on the day along while Nouce-Nouche the tortoiseshell-and-white was best non-pedigree.
Best kitten was Gizmo from Pymoor while the best long hair car was a tabby named Tiger from Ely.
The show was held at Little Downham village hall on Saturday and was the 19th annual pet cat show to be organised by the charity. More than £1,000 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
Show manager Linda Hutchinson said: “We had a fabulous array of cats on show and lots of people came down to have a look. The only disappointing thing was that we only re-homed three cats.
“There are lots of cats here who have been abandoned through no fault of their own and are in need of a good home.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
If you would like to re-home a cat, call Linda on 01353 699430 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org