GALLERY: Chatteris pupils get insight into business world
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Fenland college were given an insight into the world of work today.
Year 9 students at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, took part in a World of Enterprise Day which was organised as part of the Fenland Enterprise in Education project.
The project aims to bring employers into contact with school students to give them an insight into the world of work.
During the day, students did several business and manufacturing tasks which were designed to illustrate the everyday demands of the commercial world.
Katie Hart, Project Manager for Fenland Enterprise in Education and part of the team delivering the session, said: “The project continues to go from strength to strength and we are pleased to be bringing so many students into contact with employers who can give them positive and realistic insights into the world of work.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to the business people who give their time to support us - these fantastic activities couldn’t happen without them”.
The project team thanked representatives from Commercial Utility Brokers UK, MM:UK, Roddons Housing Association, the Eastern Leadership Centre and Fenland District Council for supporting the session.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award