GALLERY: Chatteris Royal British Legion’s standards find new home at Cromwell Community College
- Credit: Archant
The standards of a Royal British Legion branch are now proudly on display in a Fenland school.
The Chatteris branch’s standards had previously been kept in St Peter and St Paul’s Church but now have pride of place in Cromwell Community College’s library.
A handing over ceremony involving members of the Royal British Legion, pupils, staff and governors took place last Tuesday.
The standard is a constant symbolic reminder to members of the legion’s motto, ‘Service not self’.
The crosses of St George, St Andrew and St Patrick symbolise unity, chivalry and loyalty to Queen, community and nation.
You may also want to watch:
Learning resource centre manager Jackie Harding said: “We are very honoured to be able to look after them for the Royal British Legion.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November