GALLERY: Child calls 999 after watching over taking car leave Fens road and enter water-filled ditch
- Credit: Archant
A child called emergency services after a car left a Fenland road and ended upside-down in a water-filled ditch.
The A605 between March and Whittlesey was closed while paramedics provided treatment to the driver.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The child was OK and called 999.
“The adult, a man, was reported to be trapped but was out of the car when ambulance crews arrived.”
The child who called for help was in a car which was being overtaken at the time by the car which subsequently left the road and turned over.
You may also want to watch:
The crash happened between the Duncombe’s Road junction and the March Road junction, shortly before 4pm.
Police closed the road for a short time. Firefighters were also in attendance.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The driver is thought to have spent the night in hospital but returned home today (Fri).