GALLERY: Child calls 999 after watching over taking car leave Fens road and enter water-filled ditch
- Credit: Archant
A child called emergency services after a car left a Fenland road and ended upside-down in a water-filled ditch.
The A605 between March and Whittlesey was closed while paramedics provided treatment to the driver.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The child was OK and called 999.
“The adult, a man, was reported to be trapped but was out of the car when ambulance crews arrived.”
The child who called for help was in a car which was being overtaken at the time by the car which subsequently left the road and turned over.
The crash happened between the Duncombe’s Road junction and the March Road junction, shortly before 4pm.
Police closed the road for a short time. Firefighters were also in attendance.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched
The driver is thought to have spent the night in hospital but returned home today (Fri).