GALLERY: Children celebrate Chloe’s return to school
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN dug out their dancing shoes to celebrate a fellow pupil who is back at school full time after more than two years being treated for leukaemia.
A dress up and dance event was held at the school of eight year old Chloe Bush to raise money for a Macmillan nurse for a day as a way of celebrating the youngster’s return.
Chloe has spent months in and out of Addenbrooke’s Hospital where specialists have been nursing her back to health.
During her treatment Chloe bravely juggled part-time school with home tuition.
Now, however, she is well enough to return full time to New Road Primary at Whittlesey where they recently held the fund raising day to celebrate her return.
You may also want to watch:
Her Year 4 class teacher Becky Marshall said: “Chloe is a real trooper.
“She is a lovely girl and works really hard.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
“She has shown such determination that we wanted to celebrate her achievement with an event that involved the whole school.”
Children dressed up in various styles including street dancers, cowboys hoe down, guitar legends and boa constrictors and spent a week rehearsing dance moves for the event.
Each group then showcased their routine to the rest of the school.
The dance raised £195 which will fund the work of a Macmillan nurse for the day.
The event was organised by teachers Mrs Marshall and Emily Hawk and tied in with a national fund raising dress up and dance day organised by Macmillan Cancer Support.