GALLERY: Circus show performed to delighted residents of March care home
- Credit: Archant
ALL the fun of the circus was enjoyed at Heron House care home in March, when youngsters from a drama summer school put on a show.
A ring master introduced magicians, clowns, and a fortune teller to delighted residents, who also enjoyed a variety of singing and dance acts.
The youngsters created the show during a week-long summer school run by March based Playright Theatre Company.
Company director Charlie Borland said: “The show was created by the youngsters in just five days. They did brilliantly and we were very proud of them. They also peformed the show in front of friends and family.”
Val Ingram, activities leader at Heron House, said: “This was the first time we have welcomed Playright Theatre Company, and our residents thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was a lovely opportunity for the elderly and young to interact. We would like to thank Charlie and the children for giving us such a great performance and we hope they will come again.”
You may also want to watch:
Playright Theatre Company runs a regular drama club on Wednesday evenings at St Peter’s Church in March, between 6pm and 8pm. Anyone wanting more details can call Charlie on 07794621055 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March