GALLERY: Classics on the road again for Wisbech historic vehicle run
CLASSIC Jaguars, iconic VW Camper vans and historic Austins were some of the many vehicles which took part in Fenland’s annual road run.
Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club’s 19th annual road run took place on Sunday and saw cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles descend on the town.
The run took motorists and enthusiasts from Somers Road car park to Perkins in Peterborough via Tydd St Mary, Holbeach, Whaplode, Spalding and Market Deeping. After a short stop at Perkins it returned to Wisbech via Whittlesey, Chainbridge, March and Wisbech St Mary.
Classic vehicle enthusiasts got close to the vehicles in the afternoon, with a static display in Somers Road car park.
This year’s event was sponsored by Elgood’s Brewery and attracted vehicles dating back to the 1930s.
You may also want to watch:
Programmes and draw tickets raised money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and numerous other good causes.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits