GALLERY: College of West Anglia hair and beauty students go all out for fashion show
- Credit: Archant
THERE was glitz and glamour in abundance at the College of West Anglia’s hair and beauty fashion show.
The college’s students worked for months creating spectacular hairstyles and looks - and their efforts did not disappoint.
The sold out crowd of family and friends were treated to big quiffs and even bigger nails, as well as intricate outfits.
Styles showcased included gothic, vintage, drag and fantasy as the students let their creativity run wild.
James Steer showed off a gothic look he worked on with fellow hair student Lauren Bennington, while Emily Amos modelled some eye-catching nails created by Emma Tierley, who hopes to start up her own nail business when she finishes the course.
Two sisters also got in on the act. Aspiring nail technician Tara Ayres got her sister Jess to dress as a fairy and wear jaw-droppingly long nails on the cat walk.
Michelle Brett, level three hairdressing course director, said: “Today is a showcase of all their work and a chance to celebrate what they have achieved over the year.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
“They have been working on the designs since February and are responsible for creating the full image, including hair, make up and clothing.
“The students have really enjoyed the process and showed a great deal of enthusiasm.
“The hair and beauty team are proud of how hard they have worked and it is exciting to see what they’ve come up with.”