GALLERY: College of West Anglia hair and beauty students go all out for fashion show
- Credit: Archant
THERE was glitz and glamour in abundance at the College of West Anglia’s hair and beauty fashion show.
The college’s students worked for months creating spectacular hairstyles and looks - and their efforts did not disappoint.
The sold out crowd of family and friends were treated to big quiffs and even bigger nails, as well as intricate outfits.
Styles showcased included gothic, vintage, drag and fantasy as the students let their creativity run wild.
James Steer showed off a gothic look he worked on with fellow hair student Lauren Bennington, while Emily Amos modelled some eye-catching nails created by Emma Tierley, who hopes to start up her own nail business when she finishes the course.
Two sisters also got in on the act. Aspiring nail technician Tara Ayres got her sister Jess to dress as a fairy and wear jaw-droppingly long nails on the cat walk.
Michelle Brett, level three hairdressing course director, said: “Today is a showcase of all their work and a chance to celebrate what they have achieved over the year.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
“They have been working on the designs since February and are responsible for creating the full image, including hair, make up and clothing.
“The students have really enjoyed the process and showed a great deal of enthusiasm.
“The hair and beauty team are proud of how hard they have worked and it is exciting to see what they’ve come up with.”