GALLERY: College of West Anglia’s fashion students take their creative collections to the catwalk
A MIX of fun and funky fashion goes on show at the College of West Anglia this week when fashion students showcase their final collections on the catwalk.
Designers had been working hard for nine months to produce their inspired and creative collections, and the show provided an insight into new trends for the forthcoming seasons.
The exciting range of garments on show included casual shirt dresses, winter woollen cultural coats, 1950s print dresses, and outfits inspired by the theme of below stairs.
The show was organised and produced by the fashion students and staff and the creative hair and make up was designed by the fashion students.
Both first and second year students on the BTEC subsidiary and extended diploma in fashion had worked intensively to produce their collections. Making a big splash on the catwalk were the final major collections of this year’s graduates, who have developed highly focused personal collections that are aimed at the contemporary fashion market.
You may also want to watch:
The course is run at the Isle campus, it has gained national and international recognition, and is the only course of its kind in the region. The course integrates fashion design, illustration, pattern cutting, garment construction and textiles, including evening wear, sportswear and menswear.
The course attracts students from a fifty mile radius, and currently includes students aged 16 to 65.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
• An exhibition of students work, from fashion to furniture and art, is currently on show at the Isle campus. The show runs on Friday from 10am-4pm, and Saturday from 10am-2pm.