GALLERY: Community celebrates 125 years of Coates Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
A packed Easter weekend line-up of activities was organised to mark a village hall’s landmark birthday.
Coates Village Hall was built 125 years ago for the princely sum of £189 - paid for by the people of the village.
The festivities kicked off with a dinner dance on Friday night. A coffee morning was held on Saturday, a table-top sale took place on Sunday and the four-day celebration was rounded off with bingo on Monday.
A great time was had by all and £815 was raised, which will go towards a new suspended ceiling for the hall.
Secretary Pauline Bedford said: “It went very well. We gave out commemorative pens to everyone who uses the hall - we had 200 made and there are only 10 left, which shows how popular the hall is.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s line dancing on Monday nights, dog training on Tuesdays - something for everyone.”
If you would like to hire out the hall, contact Mrs Creedon on 01733 840346
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March