GALLERY: Community groups receive share of more than £3,000 from March mayor’s charity fund
- Credit: Archant
MORE than £3,000 was presented to March community groups by the town’s Mayor, Councillor Jan French, at the town’s annual assembly.
The cash, from the Mayor’s Charity Fund, included donations of £250 to 1220 (March) Squadron Air Training Corps and £150 to the March detachment army cadets.
Sylvia Keane received £250 on behalf of the March Street Pride Group and £200 was presented to Teilo Pearce on behalf of Estover Youth FC.
Andrew Clarke and Jennifer Lawler received £100 on behalf of March Society and £900 was contributed to the medical charity Magpas.
Chloe Skoulding, who was presented with £50 for helping the mayor at various civic functions during the year, returned the cheque to start off the mayor’s fund for the next civic year.
You may also want to watch:
Teenage kickboxer Freya Molloy was presented with £100 and another £250 from March Town Council, to contribute to her costs for attending the World Kickboxing and Karate Council World Championships in Italy in October.
Other donations included another £300 to Mr Pearce towards the cost of football goals, £50 to March Town Cricket Club, £206.05 to St Mary’s Church Restoration Fund, £279 towards a new sound system for March Lions club and £182.65 for St Peter’s Church fabric fund.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle