GALLERY: Council to send ‘hit squad’ to clear up the mess left by travellers near the A47 at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A council ‘hit squad’ is being sent to a former nursery site off the A47 near Wisbech to clear up after travellers upped and left.
The travellers had been there for several weeks and neighbours complained about the noise and disturbance.
But Fenland Council said the travellers have now left the area and the site will be cleared on Saturday.
“No formal enforcement action was necessary,” said a council spokesman. “Officers from FDC were involved in negotiations and the travellers left of their own accord.”
The spokesman added: “Two rapid response units are scheduled to clear up the site on Saturday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The site has been vacant for a decade and has planning consent for drivers’ café, lorry parking, restaurant and motel.
It is between the A47 and Newbridge Lane.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire