GALLERY: Craft and produce event showcases talent from across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A host of talents were on display for a specialist craft and produce show that saw people taking part from across Cambridgeshire.
The Isle of Ely Federation Womens Institutes groups produce and craft show was hailed a roaring success with many impressive entries according to judges.
A total of 20 members took part resulting in 137 entries spread between craft, baking and flower arranging.
A Co-operative class themed a musical encouraged 13 members to enter.
The winners were Friday Bridge WI with their interpretation of Brigadoon.
Winner of the craft category was Shirley Bell from Wisbech Centre WI, fruit cake winner was Muriel Johns from Welle WI, the bread winner was Carol Turner from Doddington WI.
Flower arrangement winner was Val Ware of the Tydd St Giles group.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
The WI gaining the most points overall was Prickwillow.
Judges said the entries were all of a very high standard which was a difficult task to choose winners.
A spokesman said : “It was a showcase of knowledge and the many skills we have in our federation.”
The day ended with a fashion show by Level 7 of March.