GALLERY: Craft and produce event showcases talent from across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A host of talents were on display for a specialist craft and produce show that saw people taking part from across Cambridgeshire.
The Isle of Ely Federation Womens Institutes groups produce and craft show was hailed a roaring success with many impressive entries according to judges.
A total of 20 members took part resulting in 137 entries spread between craft, baking and flower arranging.
A Co-operative class themed a musical encouraged 13 members to enter.
The winners were Friday Bridge WI with their interpretation of Brigadoon.
Winner of the craft category was Shirley Bell from Wisbech Centre WI, fruit cake winner was Muriel Johns from Welle WI, the bread winner was Carol Turner from Doddington WI.
Flower arrangement winner was Val Ware of the Tydd St Giles group.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
The WI gaining the most points overall was Prickwillow.
Judges said the entries were all of a very high standard which was a difficult task to choose winners.
A spokesman said : “It was a showcase of knowledge and the many skills we have in our federation.”
The day ended with a fashion show by Level 7 of March.