GALLERY: Craft and produce event showcases talent from across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A host of talents were on display for a specialist craft and produce show that saw people taking part from across Cambridgeshire.
The Isle of Ely Federation Womens Institutes groups produce and craft show was hailed a roaring success with many impressive entries according to judges.
A total of 20 members took part resulting in 137 entries spread between craft, baking and flower arranging.
A Co-operative class themed a musical encouraged 13 members to enter.
The winners were Friday Bridge WI with their interpretation of Brigadoon.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of the craft category was Shirley Bell from Wisbech Centre WI, fruit cake winner was Muriel Johns from Welle WI, the bread winner was Carol Turner from Doddington WI.
Flower arrangement winner was Val Ware of the Tydd St Giles group.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The WI gaining the most points overall was Prickwillow.
Judges said the entries were all of a very high standard which was a difficult task to choose winners.
A spokesman said : “It was a showcase of knowledge and the many skills we have in our federation.”
The day ended with a fashion show by Level 7 of March.