GALLERY: Cromwell Community College’s best young sportsmen crowned after month of competition
- Credit: Archant
A college’s elite athletes have been crowned following a gruelling month of sport.
More than 500 Cromwell Community College students, aged 11 to 14, took part in a minimum of eight hours of competition across six day events.
All the students took part in a modified Heptathlon which involved Javelin, Shot Put, Long Jump, High jump, 100m sprint, 400m sprint and relays.
A traditional Victor and Victrix ladorum presentation was given to the most successful athletes on each day.
Winners of the award were Charlotte Tweed, Finley Clark, Aurika Motuzaite, Carra Bignall, Jordan Tilney-fox, Georgia Brace, Charlotte Palmer and Brandon Rimmer.
You may also want to watch:
A special award was also presented to students who have shown the Olympic Values throughout the year. These went to Druaghn Chapman Fearon, Luke Parnell, Alice Bevens and Megan Stacey.
A highlight for the students was how involved their tutors and heads of year were in each event. The staff relay team remain undefeated for another year.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Head of PE Lee-Ann Oldfield said: “I would like to thank all the staff and student volunteers that contributed to these events to make them possible.”