GALLERY: Cromwell Community College’s best young sportsmen crowned after month of competition
- Credit: Archant
A college’s elite athletes have been crowned following a gruelling month of sport.
More than 500 Cromwell Community College students, aged 11 to 14, took part in a minimum of eight hours of competition across six day events.
All the students took part in a modified Heptathlon which involved Javelin, Shot Put, Long Jump, High jump, 100m sprint, 400m sprint and relays.
A traditional Victor and Victrix ladorum presentation was given to the most successful athletes on each day.
Winners of the award were Charlotte Tweed, Finley Clark, Aurika Motuzaite, Carra Bignall, Jordan Tilney-fox, Georgia Brace, Charlotte Palmer and Brandon Rimmer.
A special award was also presented to students who have shown the Olympic Values throughout the year. These went to Druaghn Chapman Fearon, Luke Parnell, Alice Bevens and Megan Stacey.
A highlight for the students was how involved their tutors and heads of year were in each event. The staff relay team remain undefeated for another year.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Head of PE Lee-Ann Oldfield said: “I would like to thank all the staff and student volunteers that contributed to these events to make them possible.”