GALLERY: Dancers fill Fenland sports hall for six-hour charity ‘Zumbathon’
MORE than 100 dancers flocked to Fenland on Saturday for a six-hour “Zumbathon” to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Instructor Mark Furnell was staggered to see 127 people file into the sports hall at Cromwell Community College, in Chatteris - all to take part in the dance fitness marathon.
A group of 10 instructors took turns to lead 30-minute stints of the Latin-inspired dance. Around 40 people braved the whole marathon, which finally finished at 9pm.
The event has already raised �985 for Cancer Research UK - but with sponsorship money still flooding in, the final total is expected to be around �1,500.
Mr Furnell said: “I was quite overwhelmed because the turnout was absolutely brilliant. It’s something I’m very proud of as I put it together and it was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“I have lost three grandparents to cancer and I just wanted to choose a charity that was relevant to everyone. You meet so many people that have lost someone to cancer.
“We have probably raised at least �1,500. It’s absolutely phenomenal.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle