GALLERY: Doddington’s new skate park proves to be a massive hit
- Credit: Archant
YOUNG people turned out in force to test out a new £75,000 skate park opened in Doddington.
Around 200 youngsters took to two wheels to give the park at Abbey Recreation Field a trial run.
Ruth Hufton, of the skate park management committee, said it had proved a massive hit and hoped it would continue to be a popular meeting spot for young people in the village.
“It’s a great hub for young people to get together. We’re really pleased with the result.”
The skate park request came from a group of young people in the village a year ago and was funded thanks to a £35,000 donation from Fenland District Council, £20,000 from the Woodford Community and Environment Fund and £20,000 from the AmeyCespca Community Fund.
You may also want to watch:
A special committee has been set up comprising parish and district councillors, residents and young people to ensure the park runs smoothly in the future.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip