GALLERY: Dramatic photos of Soham ‘flying shed’ which flew into path of Cambs engineer on his way into work
- Credit: Archant
QUICK thinking engineer - and Ely Standard reader- Vassilis Papanikolaou had a lucky escape when he spotted this uprooted shed flying towards him on a Cambridgeshire road today.
“I was driving out of Soham towards Newmarket - going to work- when this large shed / mini barn, got blown off by the winds right onto my path,” he said.
“I had to do an emergency brake to avoid hitting it.”
Mr Papanikolaou who was first on scene along the Fordham Road, stopped to call the police and then took these dramatic photos with his mobile phone.
“It all happened right before my eyes,” he said. “A flashing lights unit arrived shortly after and closed the road.”
You may also want to watch:
Among Mr Papanikolaou’s hobbies is astronomy but in this instance using a simple camera on a mobile phone brought him right down to earth!
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations