GALLERY: Dramatic photos of Soham ‘flying shed’ which flew into path of Cambs engineer on his way into work
- Credit: Archant
QUICK thinking engineer - and Ely Standard reader- Vassilis Papanikolaou had a lucky escape when he spotted this uprooted shed flying towards him on a Cambridgeshire road today.
“I was driving out of Soham towards Newmarket - going to work- when this large shed / mini barn, got blown off by the winds right onto my path,” he said.
“I had to do an emergency brake to avoid hitting it.”
Mr Papanikolaou who was first on scene along the Fordham Road, stopped to call the police and then took these dramatic photos with his mobile phone.
“It all happened right before my eyes,” he said. “A flashing lights unit arrived shortly after and closed the road.”
You may also want to watch:
Among Mr Papanikolaou’s hobbies is astronomy but in this instance using a simple camera on a mobile phone brought him right down to earth!
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused