GALLERY: Driver takes out telegraph pole and destroys fence before coming to rest in March family’s garden
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER lost control of his car, smashed into a telegraph pole and took out a fence before coming to rest in a March family’s garden on Tuesday.
The crash happened outside Wendy Lane’s house on Gaul Road at 12.30pm.
Mrs Jane, who runs a lingerie shop from her home, and her partner heard a loud thud and ran outside.
She said: “The driver came down Gaul Road on Tuesday lunchtime, lost control, gave the telegraph pole a whack and crashed through the fence.
“My partner and I heard a thud and ran outside. We noticed there was a new ornament in the garden.
You may also want to watch:
“We called the police who arrived and took the driver away.”
Mrs Jane is relieved no one was injured in the incident.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
She said: “It’s not the first time a car has been in our garden and it will probably not be the last.
“The most important thing was that nobody has been hurt. Thankfully no one was mowing the lawn at the time.
“The children found it amusing when they came home but we hope the car will be removed soon.”