GALLERY: Easter fun weekend raised record £2,500 for RSPCA Block Fen
- Credit: Archant
A RECORD crowd at the RSPA Easter fun weekend at Block Fen re homing centre raised the record sum of almost £2,500 for the charity.
“It was absolutely staggering, we have never been so busy,” said one of the event’s organisers, Terry Cowles.
“We had to open up extra car parking space. We are hugely grateful to everyone who supported us so magnificently.
“It was particularly rewarding to see families visiting with their pets who had been re-homed from the centre.”
Attractions over the weekend included an Easter egg hunt, face painting, a bouncy castle, an Easter bonnet competition, craft stalls, a raffle and tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Children’s TV character Peppa Pig and her friend George were also welcome visitors. “It was fantastic to see the children with them,” added Terry.
“We would also like to thank the public who donated 200 Easter eggs to the event.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle