GALLERY: Emneth youngsters celebrate Oscars victory
EMNETH’S brightest young literary talents were beaming with pride after scooping Oscars for their high quality written work.
Youngsters at Emneth Primary School were challenged to write stories, newspaper reports and Powerpoint presentations as part of their term-long literary festival.
To top it all off, the kids were invited to a star studded Oscars-style ceremony organised by their teachers with a formal set-piece roast beef dinner afterwards.
Prizes were awarded for categories including best actor and best storyteller in each age group.
Deputy head teacher Chris Cook said: “The reason we held the festival was to try and encourage children’s interest in reading and writing and further raise standards.
You may also want to watch:
“The children really like it and particularly like it when they can focus on one thing for a long period of time, rather than having lessons.”
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused