GALLERY: Ex Eastenders star Todd Carty for Kings Lynn panto
FORMER EastEnders star Todd Carty joined the rest of the cast of this year’s pantomime Aladdin at Kings Lynn Corn Exchange where he has the role of the evil Abanazaar.
Carty, who played Mark Fowler in Eastenders, will be third member of the soap’s cast to tread the boards at Lynn in three years after performances from John Altman and Letitia Dean in 2010 and 2011 respectively.
“I love to play the villain in a panto,” the former Dancing on Ice star said. “I’ve not done a panto for a couple of years so I’m really looking forward to spending five weeks here.”
Carty’s first major TV role was playing the lead of Tucker in BBC TV’s Grange Hill before going onto Eastenders.
He then went on to play the role of PC Gabriel Kent in ITV’s The Bill and is currently starring as Patsy in the UK tour of the stage show Spamalot.
You may also want to watch:
“I love pantomimes because they are all good fun and it’s the one time of the year you can throw on a frock and people won’t think anything of it,” he said.
Referring to his Dancing on Ice stint, he continued: “I don’t think I’m ever going to live Dancing on Ice down.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
“I was asked if I wanted to appear and after speaking to my kids about it, I agreed to do it but I guess I didn’t really know what I was letting myself in for.
“I was told the penny would drop eventually but it never did for me – I fell down nearly all the time.”
The pantomime runs from December 7 to December 31. Tickets are available on 01553 764864 or online at http://www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk