GALLERY: Exciting and innovative designs on show at College of West Anglia end of year beauty show
THE glitz and glamour of Hollywood come to town at the College of West Anglia hair and beauty show.
Students studying hair, beauty and nail technology at the Isle campus in Wisbech show cased a wide range of innovative and creative images on the catwalk on Thursday.
The awe inspiring display, with the theme Create and Celebrate, embodied true Hollywood glamour, with contemporary and avant-garde designs taking centre stage.
Programme manager Carole Gallagher said: “The hair and beauty students celebrated the end of a very successful year, by creating exciting and innovative images.
“The show provided an exciting opportunity for students to demonstrate their creativity, knowledge and apply their technical skills, after learning new and advanced techniques.
You may also want to watch:
“As always, this was a great show and we are very proud of our students and staff who did so much to make this a fantastic and enjoyable occasion.”
As part of the theme, level one hair and beauty students explored the origins of the Olympics, and nail technology students created a 3-D eclectic array of fantasy images.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Second year level 2 hairdressing students looked at hair styles throughout the eras and explored avant-garde creations, while first year VRQ hairdressing students explored styles with a twist.
The riot and colour of the Mardi Gras was adopted as a theme by the level 3 beauty students; and a candy shop collection, inspired by sweets of all shapes and sizes, was the inspiration for the NVQ level 3 hairdressing students.