GALLERY: Families join a play day at Wisbech Adventure Playground
- Credit: Archant
Families gathered to celebrate a play makers event at Wisbech Adventure Playground
The year five classes at Orchards Primary School have been helping the Play Makers project at the playground over the last few months.
They have contributed ideas and stories and made willow sculptures to be attached to the new structures being created there.
Families and teaching staff are invited on Friday to see the work.
A spokesman for the play team said: “What we created - the ambience, the atmosphere - we were all siting round on the rocks, talking about anything that came into our head, but using that as a joining thing...using it with your hands, you’re doing something with your hands – but it makes the conversation flow...it was absolutely superb. “
You may also want to watch:
Play Makers is an arts project run by Cambridge Curiosity and Imagination. People of all ages have worked alongside two artists to re-imagine the spaces through their own creative ideas and imagination in a series of community workshops on Saturdays and after school.
Students from County School have also made significant contributions through regular Wednesday morning sessions.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 6 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
The final project event is on Wednesday August 6 to tie in with National Play Day which is a free day out for all the family celebrating play in the newly created play space.