GALLERY: Families join a play day at Wisbech Adventure Playground
- Credit: Archant
Families gathered to celebrate a play makers event at Wisbech Adventure Playground
The year five classes at Orchards Primary School have been helping the Play Makers project at the playground over the last few months.
They have contributed ideas and stories and made willow sculptures to be attached to the new structures being created there.
Families and teaching staff are invited on Friday to see the work.
A spokesman for the play team said: “What we created - the ambience, the atmosphere - we were all siting round on the rocks, talking about anything that came into our head, but using that as a joining thing...using it with your hands, you’re doing something with your hands – but it makes the conversation flow...it was absolutely superb. “
You may also want to watch:
Play Makers is an arts project run by Cambridge Curiosity and Imagination. People of all ages have worked alongside two artists to re-imagine the spaces through their own creative ideas and imagination in a series of community workshops on Saturdays and after school.
Students from County School have also made significant contributions through regular Wednesday morning sessions.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The final project event is on Wednesday August 6 to tie in with National Play Day which is a free day out for all the family celebrating play in the newly created play space.