GALLERY: Family fun day raises �500 for March Rangers Youth FC
STREET soccer and a penalty shoot out were just two highlights of a family fun day that raised almost �500 for March Rangers Youth Football Club on Saturday.
“It was a fantastic day,” said under 16s manager Andy Wenn.
“Around 100 people came along to take part in the activities, and then enjoyed a fun karaoke session.”
Youngsters enjoyed the thrills and spills of two bouncy castles, as well as paint balling and face painting. Visitors also took the chance to throw wet sponges at managers of the club’s five teams, who were put in the stocks.
Andy added: “This was the first time we had held the fun day for the juniors, and we hope to make it a regular event.
“It was an excellent day, and once the karaoke started, it was laughter all the way.”
The club wants to thank March United Services Club for sponsoring barrels of beer, Kev Doncaster for organising the hog roast, and Lindsey and Barry Butt for sponsoring the bouncy castles.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
Money raised will be spent on equipment, and putting youngsters through refereeing courses.
The club particularly needs players for its under 17s team.
Anyone interested in playing for the club can contact Andy on 01354 655243.