GALLERY: Feast your eyes on our spectacular set of photographs from a spectacular parade in Manea
- Credit: Archant
Manea Gala promised much and delivered more with a parade and day of fun that catapulted the village into a knock out of a carnival, according to the organising committee.
Chairman Kevin Keil said the gala was: “One of the most successful days in recent years with great weather and a really good turn out.
“Hard working committee members spent months preparing for this and need to be congratulated for a great event,” he said.
The gala was opened by super featherweight Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill who stayed for the day getting involved in some of the children’s races and generally being a great positive role model celebrity, said Mr Keil.
“He was a great person to have at the gala and really helped make the day,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Winning float was the entry by parents of Year 6 children at Manea School, with Queen Lucy Johns and Prince Rauri Cox.
Second was Manea Guides with their 100 year of guiding float and third place went to the Allotment Association.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Following a family fun day the evening kicked off with local bands and entertainment by Moon After Sundown.
Money raised will go towards the village and this year’s nominated charity which this year is MAGPAS.