GALLERY: Fenland children take part in Big Toddle for Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 50 children wore fancy dress and took part in a sponsored walk to raise hundreds of pounds for charity today.
The Big Toddle was the centrepiece of a day of activities held at Burrowmoor Primary School, March, in aid of Barnardo’s.
The children, dressed as everything from fairytale characters to super heroes, also received a dance lesson from Dance Mania’s Lisa Dickinson and tucked in to a picnic.
Childminder Louise Pearce, the event organiser, said: “It was a very successful event. We originally organised it for May but unfortunately the weather was so bad we had to postpone it.
“We will not know our final total until September but the early signs are good. Two childminders raised £125 by themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank Lisa Dickinson for her help and Burrowmoor School for letting us use the field for free.”
Barnardo’s is the UK’s largest children’s charity. They help children in poverty, young carers and families looking to foster or adopt.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Mrs Pearce said: “It is a cause close to all childminders hearts. I thought it was very important for my own children to know about children out there who are not as privileged and the suffering which goes on throughout the UK.”