GALLERY: Fenland men have Movember moustaches shaved off at special ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Eight pub regulars had the moustaches they proudly displayed for Movember shaved off at a special ceremony.
Lee Edwards, Gavin Holmes, Adam Prentice, Marc Flemington, John King, Pat Gracey and Robert and Ashley Stevenson sprouted hair on their upper lips for the whole of last month.
The eight men, aged from 23 to 73, are all customers of The Anchor Inn in Wimblington.
Their moustaches were removed by Katy Shroff, Jackie Smith, Charlene Smith and Nate Lee of Nates Barbers in March.
Their efforts have raised more than £850 for the charity, which raises awareness of men’s health issues including prostate cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Awards were presented to Marc Flemington, who was named Man of Movember, Ultimate Mo went to Lee Edwards and Lame Mo went to Adam Prentice.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack