GALLERY: Fenland Music Centre Association’s orchestras offering chance for musicians of all abilities to enjoy their passion
- Credit: Archant
Musicians of all ages and abilities are being asked to dust off their instruments and get involved with an orchestra.
The Fenland Music Centre Association, which has been supporting musicians in the area for more than 40 years, runs a youth swing band, training orchestra and community orchestra at March Community Centre in Station Road.
The training orchestra, which rehearses on Friday nights from 6.30-7.30pm, is for grade 1-3 musicians.
Chairman Lorna Pembery said: “It doesn’t matter if you are six or 96, there is always a need for more violinists, brassplayers and chelloists. We just want people of dust off their instruments and give it a go.”
The community orchestra, who meet from 7.30-9pm on Fridays, is suitable for musicians of grade 4 or above.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland Youth Swing Band, which was established last October, is made up of some of the best young woodwind
and brassplayers in Fenland. They rehearse on Saturday mornings from 10am-noon.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The musical director is the well known big band musician, Alan Norris, and he is supported by local musicians, Sarah Garford and Kevin Steward. The group is for people aged up to 25 years old who are grade 6 or above.
If you are interested in playing with one of the bands, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org