Gallery: Fenland skies lit up as hundreds gather for fireworks at Skylark Showground
HUNDREDS of people gathered at the Skylark Showground, Wimblington, to enjoy the fireworks on Saturday.
The skies were lit up as the world famous Kimbolton Fireworks Company delighted the crowd with two shows.
A host of Disney characters, including Mickey and Minnie Mouse, were present to help raise funds for “Kisses for Kids” - a charity for terminally ill children.
There was also a funfair, featuring dodgems and an aircraft simulator.
Paul Salter, chairman of the showground, said: “The fireworks were simply fantastic. We have already booked Kimbolton Fireworks Company again for next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some fantastic new surprises for next year too and all will be revealed early in the new year.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow