Gallery: Fenland skies lit up as hundreds gather for fireworks at Skylark Showground
HUNDREDS of people gathered at the Skylark Showground, Wimblington, to enjoy the fireworks on Saturday.
The skies were lit up as the world famous Kimbolton Fireworks Company delighted the crowd with two shows.
A host of Disney characters, including Mickey and Minnie Mouse, were present to help raise funds for “Kisses for Kids” - a charity for terminally ill children.
There was also a funfair, featuring dodgems and an aircraft simulator.
Paul Salter, chairman of the showground, said: “The fireworks were simply fantastic. We have already booked Kimbolton Fireworks Company again for next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some fantastic new surprises for next year too and all will be revealed early in the new year.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 9 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain