Gallery: Fenland youngsters show festive flair to design Christmas card for MP
BUDDING artists in Fenland primary schools entered into the festive spirit to come up with some stunning designs for a special Christmas card.
North East Cambs MP Stephen Barclay asked youngsters to come up with the ideas so he could choose a design for the cards he sends out this year.
Mr Barclay said: “We received hundreds of fantastic entries and I would like to thank all the primary schools who took part and all the children for their wonderful designs.”
It was so difficult to choose an overall winner that two winners were announced. The Chairman of Fenland District Council, Councillor Ralph Butcher, chose the runner-up design to use on his Christmas card.
Winners were: nine-year-old Cerys Pughsley of March’s Cavalry Primary School and Shannon Price, aged nine, from Alderman Jacobs Primary School, Whittlesey. Runner-up was eight-year-old Nina Bridger, also of Cavalry School.
You may also want to watch:
The two winning designs will be printed on Mr Barclay’s cards by March businessman Adam Triggs of 3B Design and Print, with each winner receiving a Nintendo DSi donated by the MP.
The runner-up will receive a �50 WH Smith vouchers donated by Cllr Butcher.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow