Gallery: Fenland youngsters show festive flair to design Christmas card for MP
BUDDING artists in Fenland primary schools entered into the festive spirit to come up with some stunning designs for a special Christmas card.
North East Cambs MP Stephen Barclay asked youngsters to come up with the ideas so he could choose a design for the cards he sends out this year.
Mr Barclay said: “We received hundreds of fantastic entries and I would like to thank all the primary schools who took part and all the children for their wonderful designs.”
It was so difficult to choose an overall winner that two winners were announced. The Chairman of Fenland District Council, Councillor Ralph Butcher, chose the runner-up design to use on his Christmas card.
Winners were: nine-year-old Cerys Pughsley of March’s Cavalry Primary School and Shannon Price, aged nine, from Alderman Jacobs Primary School, Whittlesey. Runner-up was eight-year-old Nina Bridger, also of Cavalry School.
The two winning designs will be printed on Mr Barclay’s cards by March businessman Adam Triggs of 3B Design and Print, with each winner receiving a Nintendo DSi donated by the MP.
The runner-up will receive a �50 WH Smith vouchers donated by Cllr Butcher.
- 1 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 8 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights