GALLERY: Flower Power at St Mary’s Church, March.
- Credit: Archant
Flower power brought in the crowds to St Mary’s Church flower festival to enjoy the floral displays presented around the newly opened venue.
People enjoyed the flowers as well as a Friday evening organ concert with well known tunes played by church organist Roger High in a weekend event that raised more than £1600 for church funds.
On Saturday evening a silent auction and supper was held in the parish room with many interesting lots changing hands at prices, both high and low.
The weekend concluded with a service of songs of praise, with the hymns chosen by various members of the regular congregation, but much enjoyed and sung with gusto by the many people present.
The hymns were interspersed with readings from the Bible and some poems, read by John Shaw.
You may also want to watch:
All this brought together by a team of hardworking people giving freely of their time and talents and in the church so beautifully decorated with glorious flowers and arrangements.
The theme of the festival was Rejoice, and this was echoed in the whole weekend.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens