GALLERY: Former EastEnders actor helps charity Christmas lights switch on in Whittlesey
FORMER EastEnders actor David Proud was joined by pantomime characters from Aladdin at a charity Christmas lights switch on in Whittlesey.
John and Gina Ferridge have adorned their home in Arnold’s Lane for the ninth year to raise money for Childen with Leukaemia (now Children with Cancer UK).
Family friend David - who starred in the BBC One show as Adam Best - was joined by costumed characters on Saturday as Michael Cross of the Key Theatre in Peterborough continued his support of the event.
Mr Ferridge said: “We had a tremendous turn out with more than 200 people attending the switch on.
“The night was a great success and raised more than �400 on the night for our chosen charity. We’d like to thank everyone for their support.”
The Ferridges have now raised about �15,000 for the charity since their son Nicholas died from the blood and bone marrow cancer.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity