GALLERY: Former EastEnders actor helps charity Christmas lights switch on in Whittlesey
FORMER EastEnders actor David Proud was joined by pantomime characters from Aladdin at a charity Christmas lights switch on in Whittlesey.
John and Gina Ferridge have adorned their home in Arnold’s Lane for the ninth year to raise money for Childen with Leukaemia (now Children with Cancer UK).
Family friend David - who starred in the BBC One show as Adam Best - was joined by costumed characters on Saturday as Michael Cross of the Key Theatre in Peterborough continued his support of the event.
Mr Ferridge said: “We had a tremendous turn out with more than 200 people attending the switch on.
“The night was a great success and raised more than �400 on the night for our chosen charity. We’d like to thank everyone for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ferridges have now raised about �15,000 for the charity since their son Nicholas died from the blood and bone marrow cancer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire