GALLERY: Fun and frolics at the Little London
- Credit: Archant
AN all-day family fun day at a March pub has raised hundreds of pounds for Great Ormond Street Hospital to say thankyou for taking good care of one of their customers’ children.
The Little London bar opened its doors for all day fun and frolics to bring in money for the hospital after Ellie-May Ells was treated for a heart condition.
Family of the 13 month-old, who has Down Syndrome, joined forces with the Wisbech Road bar to stage an all-day extravaganza to raise money for the children’s specialist centre.
Among the fund raising was a baked bean bath, a paddling pool wishing well, bouncy castle, face painting, chest waxing, cake sale, raffle and a three-legged race around town.
Joining forces with the pub was Cassanos, the Cock Inn, the Station Hotel, the Plate and Porter, the Diana restaurant, Boyes and Skylark.
You may also want to watch:
Amadin Ryan, who organised the event with landlord Harrison Salter, said: “We had an amazing time and everybody had a lot of fun while raising money for a worthwhile charity.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told