GALLERY: Garages are “appalling” says Wisbech councillor
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech councillor is calling for urgent action to tidy up a row of garages which she says are in an “appalling” state.
Councillor Virginia Bucknor has been pressing for action since May for Roddons to tidy up the garages in Storbeck Road which are in a dilapidated condition with overgrown bushes and discarded rubbish in front of them.
Cllr Bucknor said: “We asked for urgent action in May with regard to Storbeck Road garages and received no advice.
“Fenland District Council has also been chasing to get a response following our request to inspect them.
“The Kirkgate garages are bad. The Storbeck Road garages speak for themselves. They are appalling and the residents nearby should not be subjected to this environment.”
You may also want to watch:
There was a similar problem with garages in Coldhorne Crescent three years ago, said Cllr Bucknor, which she and husband Cllr Michael Bucknor worked extremely well with Roddons and the residents surrounding the former “dreadful garage block” with exceptional results.
The garages were replaced with new bungalows and landscaped driveways.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
“We would appreciate if you (Roddons) can explain to us why the system seems to have broken down.
“We have always had excellent service from Roddons with the numerous issues we have raised but something seems to have seriously broken down in recent months.”
Roddons have been contacted for their response.